Teams and Schools
SCHOOL TEAM RULES!
- Teachers are still welcome to hand in the money collected and pre-register their class teams at our Bellmore Office, or online. However, the Teachers will no longer be given the lunch bracelets or T-Shirts (if earned), for each of the students they are pre-registering.
- Instead, each students name will now be put on a list under their school name and given to the Registration Volunteers at the Pre-registered School Table for the day of the walk (GREEN).
- This way students who arrive at the walk and cannot find their teacher, or if their teacher has not arrived yet, the students can still give their name and school name to the registration volunteers at the GREEN tables and be able to receive their lunch bracelet and shirt (if they earned one) and enter the walk, without having to wait for their teacher to arrive.
Teams and School Tips, Rules and More
- Teams may consist of any amount of walkers, but must have at least 4 members.
- When registering a team online, PLEASE be sure that only one person (The Team Captain) registers the Team Name. Once they have registered they can give the TEAM NAME to their members so that when they register online they can look up the team name and join that team. In the past, more than one person registered a team which causes confusion for team members as well as our staff, especially in regards to team signs. This way everyone knows their team name and knows it has been registered so they don`t accidentally double register a team name, causing it to be listed twice as two separate teams.
- Our staff is available Monday-Thursday from 9:30am-5:00pm and on Friday from 9:30pm-4:00pm at 516-783-3370 to answer any of your questions, and help walk you through the online registration process.
- Team Members that raise $500 or more qualify for individual Visa gift cards
- Gift Card prizes are for individual totals only!!! You cannot get a Gift Card for a Team Total. Walkers on a team can receive gift cards for their individual total raised.
- Team Captains and walkers can pre-register at our Bellmore office starting on 10/18 and receive a special gift! Click here to view our Walk Week Extended office hours.
- All walkers on a team must fill out an individual registration envelope, or registration sheet to be turned in with their money. A complete form includes name, address, captain's name and team name. Without all of this information you may not get proper credit for your team's totals, or for individual gift certificates that you may be entitled to. To download and print a registration sheet please click here.
- All school teams are eligible for community service letters for each walker, and thank you certificates for each walker that raises over $25!
- TEAM LEADERS! Instruct your team members to meet you on the day of the walk at the same location so you can register together, making your teams time on the registration line as smooth and as quick as possible.
- If your team captain has your money and registration envelope, you must meet up with them prior to going to the registration tables. Our registration volunteers cannot register someone without their envelope and minimum $20.00 registration fee.
- Team members can register themselves without the Team Captain present as long as they have their money and walk envelope/registration form. Individual team members who are registering and handing in their money on their own without their Captain present still need to go to the TEAM tables. RED if your Captain pre-registered your team, BLUE if the team is not pre-registred, PURPLE if you are a pre-registered School Team, and GREEN if you are a non pre-registered school-team.
The Teams and Schools that walk for us each year are the backbone of our walk. Please join or start a team and get your school involved so we can fight lupus together. Teams and Schools can raise funds with car washes, dress down days and more. Get creative, take some pictures and send them to us and we will post them on our website!